How to convert Lightroom presets into Luts for Final Cut Pro 10:
2 plugins needed:
-lut utility $29
-look converter - $25
- Open up look converter and click neutral filter. Click on destination you want exported and it will export as a jpeg file.
- Import neutral filter JPEG and import into lightroom
- Choose your preferred preset and remove grain, clarity, sharpness, profile correction, exposure, saturation, vibrancy are set at 0.
- When you export you need to make sure the dimensions are exactly 1496x 1360 or it won't work
- Head back to look converter plug in and click on 3D lut.
- Once you click you will see the same folder that you exported the jpeg to. Click on the jpeg and click into open and then it will convert the jpeg into a lut
- Go to system preferences . Click on add button. Now you can add the luts you just created . It will be in a .cube file
- Next head to Final Cut Pro and go down to lut utility and drag onto video clip. You will see all your luts in there :)
- Also make sure that Final Cut is closed and you reopen Final Cut Pro for the luts to appear!
Let me know if you have any questions!!!